Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bared to You and Reflected in You (Crossfire #1,#2)

"Bared to You" and "Reflected in You" (Crossfire series 1, 2) review

****


He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Sounds like Fifty Shades, right?  Well this story is not like that, the big difference is that both main characters are wounded.  I do believe this book is better written than Fifty Shades, but it did not have that fast-paced beat to it that Fifty Shades did. In my opinion it’s a lot worse and more explicit than Fifty. I read both Crossfire series books and still don’t feel I understand what’s going on with the male main character Gideon. I’m hoping when the last book comes out I will find out.

So in a nut shell, the book was not bad but it was not great.  I thought it was going to get me excited like Fifty Shades did, but it fell short.  I will still read it but understand it ain’t Fifty.  

The last installment is coming out soon, even though it wasn't as great as Fifty Shades to me I want to find out what happens.

  


June 4, 2013 release date for "Entwined" The third and final Crossfire Series book.

No comments:

Post a Comment