Friday, March 29, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire is coming out April 2!

In Honor of Walking Disaster (Travis's point of view)  the sequel to Beautiful Disaster coming out April 2 ( pre-order now), I thought we should look at one of my first reviews since I started this blog a couple months ago, if for some reason you have not read the first yet.. 
As you can tell this is one of my must reads, FIVE STARS BABY.. 

I was asked by a friend why I liked this book so much, I told them Travis was a "ride or die" type of guy and I love it when the male lead pulls no punches for his women.  He also was a big old teddy bear when it all came down to it, I have already re-read this book maybe 3 or 4 times and it puts a smile on my face each time.  Now the author has allowed us to find out what Travis was thinking and why he chose his path in this story. I will post my review on the release date.

* Buy the way I believe this book will be turned into a movie, "sign" ;-) 

Beautiful Disaster
by Jamie McGuire
✩✩✩✩✩

O.M.G. I loved this book, I was yelling at both Travis and Abby while reading.  There was some “you need Jesus moments to Travis”, and some “You really need to talk to someone about you issues with someone” to both characters.  When Abby was going through her back and for with Travis she was getting on my last nerve but I could not believe I was rooting for a man whore in the processes.  The author panted a good picture to understand that Travis has some deep rooted issues that for some reason was trying to work through them on his own with the fighting, schoolings, and his relationship with Abby.  I was like “come on you have got to be kidding me” during a certain seen in the book but yet I believe if I was Abby and trying to do the same thing and play like I did not care I would the same thing but I would for damn sure make him get tested! Favorite quotes:

“As worried as I was that you’d never speak to me again... I think it worse that you’re indifferent”.

This was said after the “incident” do not want to give away the story.

“Pigeon?” I said, “An annoying bird that craps all over the sidewalk.”
“You like Pigeon,” he said defensively. “It’s a dove, an attractive girl, a winning card in a poker, take your pick. You’re my Pigeon”

:-)

Ok to sum this up, if you love fighters, tattoo wearing guys, Vegas gambling, the college experience, and some co-dependency going on you will love this book, I know I did.  Travis is H.O.T with a badd ass Alpha male swagger and will fight for the one he loves...

Beautiful Disaster:
INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE. 437 pages, language, fighting, sexual scene
From Goodreads:
Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

No comments:

Post a Comment